We are delighted to welcome you back to our museums, libraries, restaurants and outdoor spaces, with reduced capacity and precautionary measures in place.
- Tickets must be purchased online in advance of your visit
- Museum of Islamic Art (MIA) is temporarily closed for renovations, including the gift shop, IDAM restaurant and MIA Café
- MIA's Education Centre and Library remains open to the public and will host education events and other programmes
Preparing to Visit
Museum tickets must be purchased online in advance of your visit.
All admission tickets are valid for single entry on the date of admission only. Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged. Visitors must show their ticket on their mobile phone or bring a printed copy to be presented upon entry.
QM welcomes all visitors, but we request that you dress conservatively as a sign of respect for the local culture. Entrance may be refused if your clothing is deemed unsuitable.
- Temperature checks will be done on arrival.
- Visitors must present their Ehteraz app (and must have a green status) for entry.
During Your Visit
Masks must be worn, except for children under 12. Visitors must bring their own masks.
- Visitors will be required to maintain social distancing throughout their visit.
- Museum staff will regulate the number of visitors in the museum and gallery spaces.
Museum Restaurants, Cafés and Shops
Restaurants, cafés and gift shops are open. Social distancing measures will be enforced. Cash and card payment options will be available.
Please note that the MIA gift shop, IDAM and MIA Café are closed as part of the renovation project.
Jiwan, located at the National Museum of Qatar, is open with limited capacity for lunch, dinner and afternoon tea in accordance with the measures listed above.
Open or Available During Museum Hours
- Prayer rooms (limited capacity)
- Cloak rooms
Due to the evolving nature of the situation, we will continue to review and revise our plans and processes and follow guidance from the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH). We will keep you updated on further developments.
We thank you for your understanding in these challenging times.
From all of us at Qatar Museums, welcome back.