Students must be enrolled or have graduated within two years as an alumnus of any local school, university or college. Up to five winning proposals will be chosen, and the selected students will be granted up to 25,000 QAR to realise their concept by December 2021.
Theme: Reduce / Re-use / Recycle
This year’s Open Call encourages students to consider the materials they use and the impact of those materials. While the type of material to be used must be found materials and everyday objects to create the sculptures, the theme of the sculpture itself is open. The students must consider what message they would like to convey through their work.
Some renowned artists that work with recycled materials: Subodh Gupta, Guerra de la Paz, Yuken Teruya and Dotun Popoola.
Students are to consider choice of materials, durability, foundation work, fabricators, and installation methods when finalising a public art proposal. Students are also advised to consider the nature of public artworks as works that are accessible and susceptible to touch.
- Biography about yourself
- Concept of the work
- Sketch or render of the proposal
- Materials you want to use
- Estimated cost of work
- Method of fabrication / fabrication company
- Students must be enrolled or have graduated within two years as an alumnus of any local school, university or college
- Students under 18 years can apply but must have a teacher or guardian responsible for them
- Student must propose an idea using recycled materials only
- A proposal document including all criteria indicated in the application form
- The proposal idea must be within 25,000 QAR
- The students must execute their proposal by December 2021 and keep into consideration installation and deinstallation logistics