We invite you to create a digital work of art that expresses and is inspired by twentieth-century American Pop Art and Pop artists, and their vibrant and playful take on mainstream culture, while also using Qatari society and culture as a muse. Artists must merge these concepts, creating a cultural exchange between American art and Qatari culture.
We encourage participants to be innovative, flexing their artistic talents while also creating works that are fun, colourful and exciting.
Please submit no more than three art pieces before 31 October 2021.
Submissions should be culturally appropriate.
There are no age restrictions.
Size is flexible; however, the resolution must be 300dpi.
How to submit?
- Confirm that your submission meets the criteria outlined above.
- Please post on your social media channels using #QatarUSA2021. We will be promoting the hashtag and reposting on the Years of Culture and Qatar Museums channels.
- Email your submissions to email@example.com
Criteria for winners
- Originality of the depicted theme: American Pop Art/Qatari Culture
- Quality of artistic composition and overall design (skills displayed)
- Must live in Qatar to accept prizes
Qatar Museums and Year of Culture may use your work later for merchandising, advertising or other occasions.