Please note: The start dates of this internship is flexible based on the availability of the candidate and the requirements of the department.
Period of Internship: 2 months
About This Internship
The intern will gain exposure to the different functions of the department, and gain a thorough understanding for how they work. They will work under a dedicated mentor while surveying the state of the assigned collection, and work with a specialist to create an effective plan for processing and registering objects.
Specialist area: Collection Management and Administration
Qualification Required: University/College Student with Bachelor’s Degree
- Computer proficiency
The intern will assist with:
- Processing, cataloguing and partially digitising assigned collection items (jewellery, photography, media, weaponry, natural history, library or antiquity)
- Carrying and moving artefacts
- Physically processing and numbering artefacts and organising assigned materials
- Completing catalogue records in the database
- Rehousing materials and stabilising them for long-term storage
- Photographing artefacts
- Updating and inventorying storage locations