6/5 Open Call (2nd Edition) - NOW CLOSED
Qatar Museums invites artists to propose a permanent public artwork to commemorate the blockade of Qatar for the 2nd edition of the 6/5 Annual initiative open call.
Through public art, we invite you to realize a permanent public artwork that will be part of Qatar’s ongoing history, unity and resilience.
Deadline extended: September 30th, 2020
- The proposal must be for a permanent public artwork. The design of the artwork should consider weight, dimensions and materials and budget.
- Artists are to respond to the theme of “Blockade” in any way they deem fit. The artist may consider the relevance to the community and what message they would like to convey through their work.
- Artists can be at any stage of their career but must possess strong skills to execute the proposed project by 5th May 2021.
- This opportunity is for Qatari artists and artists based in Qatar of any nationality (applicants must hold a valid Qatar residence permit).
- The successful applicant will receive: a commission contract to execute the proposed Public Artwork.
How to Apply: